Teach Me to Use My Camera
Photography Basics: How Do You Work This Thing?
Chris Smith, PPA Master Photographer, will be teaching a basic photography class designed to get you and your camera on friendly terms. If you got a new camera and it is still in the box, this is the class for you. Too many buttons on the back? No problem. Too many settings to remember? We will make it easy. This class is for beginning photographers who want to become more proficient with their camera in day to day situations. Whether you’re a student just starting, or a mom with thousands of moments missed, this class will make you more comfortable with what you and your camera are capable of. Even if you don’t have a camera yet, but you’re thinking of purchasing one, we’ll give you come basics that will help you choose the right camera for you. Classes are limited to 8 students per session.
Saturday July 28, 11am-3pm
Sunday July 29, 2pm-6pm
Wednesday August 1, 6-9pm
Ivey Photography Studio, 403 West Main St in Midlothian
What do I need to bring:
You don’t even need a camera, you can borrow ours. But, if you have a digital SLR camera, bring it and your lenses.
What we’ll be covering in class:
- Basic camera terminology – What the heck is aperture?
- Situational camera settings – when do i set this to that and when do i set that to this?
- Lenses – why are there so many? What is f5.6?
- When spending more matters – I have an expensive camera, but why are my phone photos better?
- Editing and managing your photos – what computers and software make it easy for me?
- Question and answer – You bring the topic, we’ll answer the questions
In the end, we’ll make your camera more useful and more fun to have with you where ever you go. If you want to grab action photos of soccer games, we can help. If you want to decorate your home with beautiful landscapes, we can help. And if you just want to be ready when those moments happen, we’ll make you more prepared. It’ll be fun. The class is limited to the first 10 students. Additional dates may be added, depending on demand and availability.
Sign up and pay here. Its only $99 (you can also call us and sign up at 972-723-2464)